Student Prayer Advance
2018 Student Prayer Advance
August 2-4, 2018
Appalachian Bible College, Beckley, WV
We have an exciting lineup of engaging speakers throughout the Advance. You will be inspired to intensify your focus on Christ and to ignite a passion for Him.
Who Should Attend?
- Middle and High School age – This event is for all teachable young people whether they attend Christian school, home school, or public school. Mature 12 year-olds may attend, preferably with at least one parent. Younger students without parents are required to have a designated overseer from their group for the entire Advance.
- College-age – Far too many young people flounder, rather than pursue their God-given destiny. We divide the middle and high schoolers from the College-age and conduct a separate track for them. It is absolutely crucial that young people discover their Assignment. We will focus on assisting these “soldiers” in discovering and fulfilling their mission.
- We are planning more break-out session options. Separate sessions for Middle School students, High School students, and Collage-age students are planned. Age-specific topics and hot-button issues will be addressed. Breakout sessions are planned for leaders as well.
What Should I Expect?
- You should anticipate outstanding Bible preaching on relevant topics. Also, you will experience great fellowship in an inspirational atmosphere. Designated group and prayer times are scheduled as well.
- Standard – Students and leaders will be housed in the college dormitories. Those dorm rooms hold from 2 to 4 people. The dorms are not air conditioned. You are required to furnish you own sheets and towels.
- Off Campus - If you choose "Off Campus" registration, you will be responsible for obtaining your own lodging. We are offering the Country Inn and Suites for the hotel option. We have a limited number of rooms in our block. The room rate is $110 (includes all taxes) per room per night. Up to 5 people may share a room. At least one leader or adult (18 or older) must stay in each room. If you choose to use the hotel option, you will need to call our office at 540-890-6100 to make your hotel reservation. We will need the names of each person staying in each room when you reserve your room. All hotel reservations must be made by 7/03/2018. After this date, reservations will be taken on a space available basis only at the going room rate.
- Each group is required to bring their own leaders. At least one leader is required for every six students. Adults and parents are encouraged to attend!
Advance Registration Cost:
- On Campus:
- Registration Postmarked by April 30th - $149
- Registration Postmarked by June 25th - $159
- Registration Postmarked by July 13th - $169
- After July 13th, you must call our office to register
- Off Campus
- Registration Postmarked by April 30th - $119
- Registration Postmarked by June 25th - $129
- Registration Postmarked by July 13th - $139
- After July 13th, you must call our office to register. The “Off Campus” option does not include the cost for off campus lodging. If you choose this option, you are responsible to obtain your accommodations. Leaders are responsible for your group’s transportation to and from the ABC campus. The “Off Campus” option does include meals on the campus of ABC.
Each student under the age of 18 must submit a registration form with Parental Signature giving permission for you to attend. You must do this even if you register on-line or call our office to register. The ways you can register for the Advance:
- Register on-line by clicking on option 1 below.
- Register by mail by downloading a registration form by clicking on option 2 below and mailing your completed registration along with payment to Christ Life Ministries, PO Box 399, Vinton, VA 24179
- Register by phone using your credit card by calling our office at 540-890-6100
Alpine Ministries Option:
As a youth leader, you now have the opportunity to combine “summer camp” in the same week with the Student Advance. By combining the camp experience and the Advance churches can save travel expenses, time and alleviate the need for securing extra leaders for two separate trips. Alpine Ministries offers tailor-made Adventures from one, two, or even three days in length. Activities include whitewater rafting, caving, rappelling, high ropes, paintball, hiking, and more. Groups choosing to come early, or stay later, can coordinate directly with Alpine Ministries for details. Their full-time staff is available to assist you and they are located on the same campus as the Bible College. For more information call 800-806-2180 or click on option 3 below.
Canceled registrations are refundable (less a $20 processing fee) up to July 2, 2018. After that date, registrations (less a $20 processing fee) can be used by you or another person as a credit for any Advance within one year of this Advance. After August 2, 2019 any remaining credit will be forfeited. You must call our office to notify us of any cancellation or substitution before the Advance.
Additional Resources and Important Links
1. CLICK HERE to Register On-line
2. CLICK HERE to download a copy of the Registration Form (PDF)
3. CLICK HERE to go to the Alpine Ministries Website for more information
4. CLICK HERE to view a copy of the SPA Brochure (PDF)
12 Noon Check-in Begins
1:30 PM Opening Sessions
5:00 PM Dinner
7:00 PM General Session
7:30 AM Breakfast
9:00 AM General Sessions
12:15 PM Lunch
2:00 PM General Sessions
5:00 PM Dinner
7:00 PM General Session
7:30 AM Breakfast
8:45 AM General Sessions
2016 STUDENT ADVANCE VICTORY REPORTS
MARTINSBURG WV: "Praise The Lord, one saved. Two in our group surrendered to preach, 5 surrendered their lives to the Lord, Amen."
CARNEYS POINT NJ: We saw God answer prayer, convict of sin, bring assurance of salvation, renew and strengthen their resolve to live for Christ, stir their hearts to evangelize, get right with their parents (there were phone calls made to home about this), reevaluate their priorities (selfishness was seen as a sinful deterrent to be repented of and Christ to be pursued)...in all these things God dealt with us at this advance.
BLUE RIDGE VA: We had one get assurance of salvation... 4 surrendered to full-time Christian service in our group! Praise God for what He is doing! Just had an awesome testimony time too!
WESTIN WV: 2 called to preach one young lady surrendered to missions. Breakthroughs all the way through. Student-led fast tomorrow for God to save someone in service Sunday!
MOREHEAD CITY NC: Had one 17 year old young man who wanted to confirm his call to the ministry. Caroline had already surrendered but has renew excitement in that direction due to the LORD'S work in these services. We have had great prayer times.
Check back often for updates.
Prayer Advance Videos
View these videos to see exactly what is so unique about the Prayer Advance
Prayer Advance Photos
Visit our library to browse through photos from some of the recent Prayer Advances.
Christ Life Ministries, Inc.
PO Box 399 Vinton, VA 24179