Bended Knee Men's Prayer Advance
Dates: January 25-27, 2018
Meeting Location: Shenandoah Baptist Church, 6520 Williamson Rd, Roanoke, VA 24019
Lodging: We have a block of rooms reserved at the Sheraton Hotel, 2801 Hershberger Rd, Roanoke, VA 24017. This is the same hotel we used for the 2016 and 2017 Advances and it was highly praised by those staying there. The room price is $99 per night plus tax. You will need to call 540-563-9300 and ask for the "Christ Life Ministries Men's Prayer Advance" group rate. Or you can click on number 2 below in the Additional Resources and Important Links section to make your reservation online. You MUST make your room reservation by Dec. 28, 2017 in order to receive the special group rate. We are expecting record attendance for this event, so reserve your room early!
Meals Option: We will be offering a special meal option plan in the Shenandoah Gym again this year. These meals will be catered by Randy Scaggs, owner of Plantation on Sunnybrook restaurant in Roanoke. If you purchase this option, you won't have to drive off campus to eat and you will have the added benefit of fellowship with fellow Advance attendees. Thursday Dinner, Friday Lunch and Friday Dinner will be offered for a cost of $35 total for all three meals. **Due to seating limitations, this option will only be available to the first 450 people who elect to purchase this option, so purchase your meal option early.** Late-comers, and those who elect, can take their meals at any of the many area restaurants. In order to offer this option in the most cost efficient way, it is an all or nothing package. Refunds cannot be given for any unused meals. If you want to take advantage of this offer, be sure to select the "THREE MEAL OPTION" on the Registration form. Cutoff date to obtain the Meals Option is January 11, 2018. Purchased meals are non-refundable after January 11, 2018. If you have already registered and only wish to purchase the Three Meal Option, click on option 3 below and fill out the form, deselect the registration option, and click the Three Meal Option and submit the form for payment. Please note in the Additional Information box that you have already registered.
Advance Registration: Registration cost is $85 if you register by September 25th. If you register between September 26th and December 11th, your cost will be $99. If you register between December 12th and January 2, 2018, your cost will be $109. If you register after January 2, 2018, your cost will be $119.
- To register on-line, click on option 3 below. You will be taken to a registration form that will need to be completed in full. Please read the instructions at the beginning of the form before you fill out the form. If you are registering more than one person on-line, you will need to compete a form and submit it for payment for each person you are registering.
- Mail In Option. Click on option 4 below to download a copy of the registration form. Mail your completed form in with your check made payable to: Christ Life Ministries, PO Box 399, Vinton, VA 24179.
- By Phone Option. You may also call our office at 540-890-6100 and register by phone using a credit card.
Special Discount: These special discounts can ONLY be obtained by downloading the PDF registration form (option 4 below) or using the form in the Advance brochure. YOU MUST FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE FORM EXACTLY TO OBTAIN THE DISCOUNT - NO EXCEPTIONS. If you become ineligible due to someone not attending, you will be required to pay any discounts received. Discounts cannot be combined. Pick the discount that works best for you.
- If your group is registering 10+ men, you may register one man free with every 10 paid registrations. (ALL registrations must be enclosed in the same envelope and paid for in advance - NO EXCEPTIONS.)
- If you are bringing at least one first-time attendee with you and receive 50% off YOUR registration fee. (Both registrations MUST be enclosed in the same envelope and paid for in advance - NO EXCEPTIONS.)
- If you are bringing a Senior Pastor who has never attended, you BOTH COME FREE! (You MUST register yourself and your guest Senior Pastor before the Advance by mailing in both registration forms in the same envelope or by calling our office at 540-890-6100 - NO EXCEPTIONS.)
Cancellation Policy: Canceled registrations are refundable (less a $20 processing fee) up to December 24, 2017. After that date, registrations (less a $20 processing fee) can be used by you or another person as a credit for any Advance within one year of this Advance. You may also substitute someone else for this Advance only without penalty. After January 27, 2019 any remaining credit will be forfeited. You must call our office in advance to notify us of any cancellation or substitution.
- Thursday – 10am – 1:30pm – check-in
- Thursday – 1:30pm – 5:00pm – Sessions
- Thursday – 5:00pm – 6:00pm – Dinner
- Thursday – 7:00pm – Session
- Friday – 9:00am – 12pm – Sessions
- Friday – 12:00pm – 1:00pm – Lunch
- Friday – 2:00pm – 5:00pm - Sessions
- Friday – 5:00pm – 6:00pm – Dinner
- Friday – 7:00pm – Session
- Saturday – 9:00am – 11:30am – Sessions
Additional Resources and Important Links:
1. View the 2018 Prayer Advance Brochure (pdf format)
4. Click here to download a copy of the registration form (pdf format)
MPA 2017 Testimonies
- I got saved on January 28th 2017 at Men's prayer advance in Roanoke VA at Shenandoah Baptist Church. It's been little over a week since I've been saved and already can't believe I waited that long to have it settled. Thank you to all those who prayed for so long for me to saved. Thank you and thank you again pastor Mike Wells for baptizing me the next day. Thank you sir for your help and support and believing and preaching the true word of God. Most of all God still saves sinners. – Nick Gullion
- I am still bubbling from the Prayer Advance. Thank you so much for all the effort you put into bringing this Advance each year. We had 12 guys go from our church and all our lives are changed. It has changed my devotion time and prayer.
- You will never know the impact the Prayer Advances have had on me.
- I have been attending the advances for the past 11 years. I can honestly say that God has worked not only in my heart but also in the hearts of my family and church family through the advances! I leave every year with a renewed fire for the Lord's work. One of my favorite parts of the men's advance has always been the singing! To hear that many voices praising the Lord, amazing!
- The Advance was powerful! Thank you for your message and for your life. I appreciate much your honesty and transparency! Thank you for being willing to change! Our camp needs you! Kevin's session on Prodigals was outstanding, too. It was a special blessing to me to have one of my returning prodigals with me for most of the Advance! May the Lord continue to enlarge your coast.
- Dan Vaughn told about praying for lost people to be in their services and for the Lord to save people in their services. It really convicted me and I shared Dan's story with the Monday night prayer group last Monday. We prayed specifically that the Lord would bring lost people and save them in the service. Today, a young man came that had been invited some time ago by one of the senior ladies. He was asking questions before the service and was on the altar before the invitation! Oh what a wonderful, faithful, powerful, merciful God we serve!!
- The Prayer Advance is the highlight of my year. I am spiritually challenged in an atmosphere of true brotherhood. I simply love it that there are not any "big" and "little" ministries at this meeting. Those on the platform truly convey servant leadership. I'm already looking forward to next year. It is an oasis for a thirsty preacher.
- Praise the Lord! I'm still full!
- Brother Harold Vaughan, I am still on fire from the Prayer Advance in ROANOKE!! AMEN! Thanks for SHARING YOUR HEART, AND I AM PRAYING THE IMPOSSIBLE FOR YOU BROTHER AND FOR MY FAMILY AS WELL!! I ALREADY HAVE BLESSINGS TO SHARE FEOM THE PRAYER ADVANCE!! I 've already had brothers contact about looking forward to going next year, etc. To GOD BE THE GLORY!!
- What a wonderful Prayer Advance!! God moved in a mighty way!! So glad I was able to attend and had the strength to stay the entire time PTL!!
- God really spoke to my heart there.
- Hey Bro Harold, didn't get a chance to personally thank for all the work you and Mrs. Debbie put into the Advance last week. It was just an incredible time and an incredible move of God! God is at work in my life and the men from our church as well. We give God all the praise! But wanted to thank you and let you know I'm praying for you today!
- All of our men said it's the best thing they've experienced in their ENTIRE Christian life!!! We are believing and expecting REVIVAL!!
- Aside from my first year attending it was the best year for me and our group. Thursday we never got passed confession. Friday night the presence of the Lord was so strong... one man began praying by saying "Lord it is evident that your presence is here....." One impossible prayer request was that a son who is blind in one eye would receive his sight! Jesus knows how to make the blind to see!
- The Prayer Advance has been a glorious time of renewal for me and it has been wonderful to, once again, "get my clay wet". God has used this Advance to set my heart on fire again and to deal with sin. It's been AWESOME!
- O what a Savior!! This morning's service was a continuation of the moving work of God! Answered prayer! 1.45 hours of praise, singing, men giving their testimonies, altar-call in the middle of the service right after men shared their testimonies, Prayer Advance men gathered around me with their hands on my shoulder as I was giving the altar call (which they initiated), service order hijacked, four different times of corporate prayer!! To God is all glory!
- Thank you for pointing us to Christ at the Men's Prayer Advance.
- This was the best one I have attended! Really great.
- What a great time at the PA. We took yesterday am in our services and gave testimony and talked about the PA, revival and our vision for that. We are pumped up. God is on the move. God has richly used in my life and I thank God for you.
- I just wanted to drop you a note to say thank you for the hard work you and your team put in to make the Men's Prayer Advance such a blessing for me last weekend. God truly used the event to encourage my heart!
Let us here from you how the Lord is using the Prayer Advance to impact your life and the life of your church. E-mail us at email@example.com
Click on the second video below to experience the tremendous singing by the SBC Men's Choir on Thursday Night.
Prayer Advance Videos
View these videos to see exactly what is so unique about the Prayer Advance
Prayer Advance Photos
Visit our library to browse through photos from some of the recent Prayer Advances.
Christ Life Ministries, Inc.
PO Box 399 Vinton, VA 24179